New Caledonia Weather and New Caledonia Tides
Quick Weather Analysis for New Caledonia
2.Check the Meteo France wind and tide forecast. Click on the yellow dot for the area you are interested in or use the drop-down box to go to a different part of New Caledonia. Click on the day of the week in the blue bar on the top of the table to see the wind, rain, cloud cover and tides for that day. Point to the plot of the wind speed to see details of the wind for that time.
3. Check an animated 9 day overview of the weather on WindyTY. Or the alternative Ventusky.com
This amazing global weather animation gives you an instant overview of the winds, wind gusts, temperature, pressure, cloud cover, rain, lightning storms, humidity, waves, ocean currents, and sea surface temperature, for 9 days. If you click on the Play arrow on the bottom left you will see the animated weather systems move through the next 9 days. Or click on a day and time to stop the animation then. Click on a location for deails of that location including graphs of wind, temperature, rainfall, waves, sunset and sunrise. In the local data graphs you can "compare forecasts" to get an idea of how predictable the weather is. You will love this site no matter where you are on the planet.
4. Radar animation For a quick look around to see rain coming your way in the next few hours. For example before you hang out the laundry to dry.
5. Do a quick check on expected wind, rain and temperature- The bar at the top of the chart window shows 4 days of the week. Click on a day and select a time. Use the white drop down box in the blue top border to see more detail for a particular locaton.
6. Satellite image animation Gives a good idea of weather system movements near New Caledonia. But the Winsyty.com Wind animation is much easier to understand in terms of winds.
7. Animated wind, rain, cloud, wave graphs.For wind arrows (gribs), rain forecasts and weather details for the South West Pacific, New Caledonia and Vanuatu or locally in New Caledonia visit this Meteo France page.
8. Tropical Tidbits - During the cyclone season you can check a summary of current storm information and a composite of projected tracks on this site. Best of the Tropical Storm Sites.
Long Range Weather Forecasts
for planning passages
The following links are listed in order of sites I find provide the most accurate long term predictions.
Short term Weather Forecasts
The best quick look at the current weather (in addition to looking outside).
Latest IR satellite image - Fiji updated every hour on the half hour.
New Caledonia Tide Tables
New Caledonia Media Weather
Noumea FM Radio Weather
(89 FM) 05:58, 14:58
TV Weather Tele Nouvelle Caledonie -before and after the evening news.
New Caledonia VHF Radio Weather Schedule -
Times: 06:30, 09:30, 15:15
CH 16 then change to the broadcast channel for the area you are in.
The Cruising Guide to New Caledonia has the correct broadcast weather channel for every anchorage as well as a graphic chart showing VHF coverage in the lagoon and out to sea.