Visas for people on foreign yachts in New Caledonia
If You are a national from a European Union country
You do not need a visa but require a work contract or work permit issued by the government of New Caledonia if you intend to work.
Whatever the length of stay you are required to show a valid identity card or passport from a European Country on entry.:
Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Andorra, San Marino and the Holy See are not Member States of the European Union
For more information, contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
IF You are from a country that is not part of the European Union
You do not need a short-stay visa if staying less than 3 months in any 6 month period and.
- you come from a country that has a visa-free agreement with New Caledonia (the list includes the US, Australia and New Zealand), Click for a list of exempt counties.
- you have a valid residence permit or long-stay visa issued by France or by a Schengen Area country
In all other cases, you must have a valid short stay visa expressly mentioning that it is valid for New Caledonia, and which must be requested from the consulate or the French Embassy in your place of residence.
On entering New Caledonia you need to show:
- A Passport valid for at least 3 months after the return date.
- Your financial resources in New Caledonia (a bank card for international use, cash, etc.)
- .A return ticket to your country of origin or residence if you plan to leave the yacht.
- Travel insurance or health insurance to cover repatriation costs for medical reasons and/or emergency hospital treatment.
Stays over 3 Months
Nationals of the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA), Andorra and Monaco do not require entry or long stay visas..
If you are not from these countries and wish to stay longer in New Caledonia get a visa from the French Consulate in your country before you leave.
- Documents necessaires pour un court sojour (inferieur ou egal a 3 mois)
- Documents necessaires pour un long sojour (plus de 3 mois)
- Vous etes ressortissant d'un pays de l'Union europenne
- Vous etes ressortissant d'un pays qui ne fait pas partie de l'Union europeenne